Tuesday 25 August 2020

My Addiction Story

Since childhood, I was addicted to sugar. Candy, ice cream and cake were regulars in my diet.

My grandfather used to get me 2 birthday cakes because 1 was not enough for me.
 
A drawer full of candies and chocolates made me happier rather than scoring 1st division.
 
All was well until I reached the 9th standard. My skin started to break and my weight was whopping 90 Kg.
 
So, I decided to do something about it. I consulted a doctor and she advised me to avoid sugary food/drinks.
 
It took me 2 years to completely kick off sugar from my diet. It was hard at first, but it had to be done.
 
Fast-forwarding to 2020...

It's been 9 years since I quit sugar. Outcome? My skin is healthy and I feel strong every day. 
 
Moral of this post- you just need a reason and willpower to beat addiction. If I can do it, you can too.



No comments:

Post a Comment