Thursday 13 August 2020

My Burnout Story

I took a 3-day break from writing. I uninstalled LinkedIn and extended my deadlines. Why?

I was a victim of burnout, thanks to my busy schedule. I wrote 18,000 words, attended 15 skype calls and replied to over 70 emails, all in 1 week.

I ignored my 8 hours of beauty sleep, ate unhealthy food and failed to take breaks in between. 

Outcome? I was tired, cranky, and just wanted to lay in bed all day. 

And that's what I did. My past 3 days were consumed by the following activities- 

1. Sleeping

2. Eating healthy food

3. Watching movies and tv series

Not even a single day, I felt like writing or replying to my clients. 

What did I learn from this?

While working, we often forget the scare of burnout. I could have lost a considerable amount of business, all because of me trying to be super productive. 

Moral of this post- Burnout is not a joke and shouldn't be treated like it. During the productive journey, it's important to take adequate rest. 



No comments:

Post a Comment