Sunday 16 August 2020

What Mistakes Did I Make As A Newbie Freelancer?

I started freelancing without doing a background check. I had no idea how to pitch clients or ask for payments.  

Because of it, I made several blunders. Here are the top 3 mistakes I made initially- 

Mistake 1- Adopted a free sample policy

Outcome- Clients told me that I was not good and uploaded my write-ups on their websites. 

Mistake 2- I never asked for advance payments and followed a monthly payment cycle without an agreement. 

Outcome- I was conned several times and there is no way to hold the clients responsible for it. 

Mistake 3- Accepted low-pay projects just to have some work. 

Outcome- Worked tirelessly to earn a small income and got frustrated with the idea of freelancing. 

Now, I'm much more aware and alert while communicating with potential clients. 

Advice to all the newbie freelance writers- Learn from my mistakes and be better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment