Tuesday 1 September 2020

My First Haircut After Lockdown

Yesterday, I went for a haircut. After 4 months of cutting my own hair and making an absolute disaster of my hairstyle, it was high time to give special attention to my hair. 

So, I called up my barber and booked an appointment. When I reached his shop, I was impressed by the arrangements. There were sanitizers at the entry and exit doors, proper temperature checks with boards shouting- 'Please wear mask at all times'. 


Before I sat on the seat, my barber sanitized it and gave me disposable sheets to cover my upper body. He sanitized all the equipment and was himself covered in a PPE kit. 


10 minutes into my haircut, I asked him how the business was going, how many people were coming and his answers portrayed the pain caused by COVID-19. 



In the end, he said one line- Sir, yeh COVID kuch nahi hai. Normal fever hai bas. Government ne aaise hi dara rakha hai. 


Thanks to this 'Chalta Hai' attitude, India has recorded close to 1 million cases in the last 15 days. 


If 135 crore Indians keep up with this attitude, our country will never see the end of COVID-19. 



No comments:

Post a Comment